Sunday, December 23, 2007

Special Christmas Moments

So I thought I would start off with Lindsey Brooklyn, and I's Christmas card for those of you who did not receive it (sorry limited distribution after all the wedding invites etc that have gone out)




Then I thought I would share the pictures of Brooklyn visiting Santa and tell him what she wanted for Christmas. Which compared to most lasted a long time as she sat and whispered in his ear what she would like for Christmas as you can see Santa was pretty interested.



Then you can see can see that beautiful with her "betty boop" pose which had everyone at the booth stating "oh my goodness" "how cute is that" "how can I make my child do that?" (I kid you not)
NOTE: SPECIAL MOMENT #1 but not even close to the best


Then she was given one more photo to 'ham it up a bit' and well as you can see she clearly did not disappoint anyone ;)




SPECIAL MOMENT #2 (The tear jerker)

We went to our Financial advisor's annual holiday party where he gets dressed in a kilt for most of the party and then a Santa arrives at around 8:30pm and passed out presents to the kids, past B's bedtime but we thought we would stay so brought a gift...So glad we did! Santa entered through the front door, thank goodness the house had no Chimney I would not liked to have seen the results. Brooklyn peeked around the hallway looked back at Lindsey and with a 'face all aglow' whispered "Lindsey Santa's here, SANTA!(SM2a)"
At which point the three of us went to the front room with the other parents and kids, who are all older then 7 and don't believe anymore with one kid repeatedly stating something about a fake Santa [he was escorted out I kid you not] Brooklyn had eyes only for Santa and was listening to nothing thank goodness. She sat with the kids while Santa settled in a chair and called names of children who would get up sit on Santa's lap and get their gifts and picture taken. Brooklyn sat patiently [who knew] and waited until it was her turn and then she slowly crawled into Santa's lap with her cheeks flushed saying 'Santa I saw you yesterday do you remember me?(SM2b)" Then Brooklyn turned to Sana and gave him a big hug and whispering in his ear for a prolonged moment, at which point Lindsey and I were starting to tear up and the rest of the crowed ooowed and awed but not in a jovial way, but as if everyone had just found Christmas again and it appeared that Santa had as well as there were glistening tears in his eyes that did not fall(SM2c). Brooklyn then turned to us waved and took her picture before calmly took her gift walked back to her seat and waited while the other kids received their gifts, staring all the while at Santa.
Then after Santa left with one more hug at the door for Brooklyn, the parents stopping Lindsey and I to tell us what a beautiful child Brooklyn is and how that is the moment, Rich showed up in the kitchen and told us what Brooklyn whispered into Santa's ear which promptly made Lindsey and myself cry and everyone else in the room well up a bit: "Santa, I Love you.(SM2d)"
I can't tell you or express how this made me as a father feel for I a nominal 'Scrooge' at best I think have been changed 'I hope for life'. If nothing else Santa I do believe in you and the magic of Christmas. May Brooklyn believe for all time if only so I can...

No comments: