Saturday, September 27, 2008

To Mua'Dib - an insperation to me

So this morning I went out on my 10 mile run (Training for a Marathon and a Sprint triathlon) and I had the genius bar from iTunes pick out a running list for me which turned out to be a) pretty and good for the run and b) reminded me minus some songs of my friend who I will call Mua'Dib. Mua'Dib you ask well in my mind it kind of makes sense as, as far as I know, he is in a desert someplace helping to lead a team do god knows what to stabalize a region and is certain fruitful and multiplies even from distance. Now I can't say enough about Mua'Dib not only a great friend, smart, inspreational etc. Anyways I was on my run today and while I am NOT NOT a fan of our current was that we are in I am a huge fan of Mua'Dib and his kind. I have spent a lot of time in the last few months thinking about Mua'Dib - basically at least ever saturday on my runs he is in my thoughts and my thoughts and hopes go out to him durring these times and while I know he most likely is alseep I hope these thoughts wash over him and renue him in what ways they can. I cannot say enough how much I admire Mua'Dib for being able to do something I know I could never do, to let me go on my runs to let me have my family here to live my life. It is at these times and on these runs I dive deeper into myself thinking about what I do what I have what my purpose is in life and I cannot even compare it dare not for the comparisons drive me to discredit myself who sits on my laurals while Mua'Dib's of the word make sure I can. If I was a god fearing man I would say bless him or my prayers go out to him and them. Since I am not my thoughts go and I remember.

So anyways here is the Genius bar Mua'Dib mix that I think I have not only listened to every song with him at one point in time or another but seen a numbe of them in concert or at least rocked a party or two singing with him on them.

Mua'Dib Tracks:
Pure Massacre - Silverchair
Over Now - Alice in Chains
Jesus Christ Pose - Soundgarden
Renholder - A Perfect Circel
Swing on THis - Alice in CHains
Negative Creep - Nirvana
The Ghost of Tom Joad - Rage Against the Machine
Clown - Korn
I'll Stick around - Foo Fighters
Angry CHair - Alice in Chains
Tahitian Moon - Perry Farrell
Undecided - Silverchair
Dirt - Alice in Chains
Quiet - Smashing Pumpkins
Thinking of you - A Perfect Circle
In the Meatime - Spacehog
Bad Habit - The Offspring (Who knew it was 'the' before offspring)
Geek Stink Breath - Green Day
Open Up Your Eyes - Tonic
King of New Orleas - Better then Ezra
Your TIme has Come - Audio Slave
We Die Young - Alice in Chains
Cover Me - Candlebox
Sping the Black Circle - Pearl Jam
Faultline - Silverchair

Thank you Mua'Dib,
Avery

2 comments:

The Brookses said...

How true it is. You are not the only one to have Mua'Dib in our thoughts and I'm sure there are even a few prayers out there for him. How truly lucky we are that we have laurels to sit on, and that we can each find our own way to help us keep these freedoms.

I can see how that playlist reminded you of him. I heard more than half of those with him and the stereo was set to 11!

Stottlemyre said...

I sent "Mua'Dib" to check out your post and he was very touched.