Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"Remember the face of your father" & Love

So to start a serious entry with such and extraneous title I am not sure is the correct way to go on this but I will try. I sit here writing this blog with no real knowledge of what life is meant to be or say or that it has any real purpose beyond today and if we are lucky tomorrow...except that it will always be hard and it will always be our and what we make of it. If we choose the hard parts to remember it will be just that and if we remember the good parts it will be that as well. I always have and think I always will struggle with my emotional responses to things in my life. Things you might say are too real at times. I am not a guys guys to say the least. I cry when I hurt I am sad when things go wrong and I hurt when my friends hurt. I miss people at times and think about the past to remember the times we have and wonder what times we will have in the future. Never plan on a future they say but I have to. There are too many wonderful people that I have met in my life to not plan to see them again. I could think about them and dwell on the past forever but then I would have forgotten the face of my father I will not lived for today and not for the future. It amazes me at times how juxtaposed life can be with our lives entwined in things that are 'important' but are they? What is important who defines what is important? Because I love to watch a few programs on TV does that make my world smaller that I am not always striving out for the new experiences I could have with those people around me?
I know some things I cannot live well without you see them when you look at this blog. I cannot live well without Lindsey or Brooklyn but what else could I live without? Could I live without many things I think I could would I be as happy? I think I would just be different right? Some other versions of someone's happiness? Would I be as ok if I could no longer run and be fit? What would be? Humm...
You see I ask all these questions and turmoil in my mind because I love deeply my life. I love deeply my wife, my daughter, my soon to be, my friends both near and far. I hurt for them I can feel their pain though 1500 miles away I can hear their hurt at times and I cry...with little more then a txt and a blog entry to read I send my feelings away to my friend in the north whom I share great kindred for and who is in pain with his family. I feel happiness across the country for my other friends who watch their belly grow with new life hoping for the best and I share their excitement as I have my own but soley for them as well for they feel that way. So Love drives this world love is it. Love is what we look for in our lives to give us purpose while we are here on this world 8.5 minutes from the Sun revolving around like a top goverend by gravity...we make our own

ADD

No comments: