Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Brooklyn's 2008 Disneyland



This trip was a lot of fun and it has taken me soooo long to get this onto the blog because well I was busy and then I had to title all the photos and create the collage above. OK the collage only took about 20 minutes but the titles on the pictures that took a lot longer. You see when the De Marrs go on vacation the camera comes along and when we go to Disneyland I think a rapid fire digital camera comes along. So there are almost 500 pictures in a 3 day span and if you think it is easy to come up with 500 titles well you are wrong. Espeically since rarely do I just say here is Brooklyn at the mountain. Most of the time it has something that I think is fairly witty and the rest of you don't get or think is only 1/1000th as funny as I think it is. So really they both amount to the same thing. It makes me feel better though that I can try to think I am witty. Its the only time I do. Anyways back to the trip in general....

So we left on a Wednesday afternoon in an attempt to let the kids nap in the car and give ourselves some sanity. Really it was two Cars and two kids as Lindsey's brother Micheal, sister in law Michelle and their son Aidan went with us though in a different car becuase no one had a car of 4 adults and two car seats. Things never work out that way and though I could not ask for a better behaved 4 1/2 year old in the car she did not sleep till most of the way there and then we only let her sleep for 30 minutes because it was so late. We had dinner at Brooklyn's favorite restaurant Red Robin, quite on accident it just happened to be where we turned off the freeway...much have been fate I tell you. So we went to bed fairly early about 9pm and then we woke up at 7:30am and off to the races. I tell you it was 3 days of 12+ hours on the kids with no naps. Brooklyn was awseome on complete best behavior with no issues besides reminders of manners, but even not so many of those, I can't believe it our child is becomeing curtious I love it. Besides the park 3 day hopper passes we spent $10 dollars (For the De Marr's) in the part the first 2 days as we packed our lunches and brought snacks and water in camelpacks. Very good ideas by the way! The last day we had lunch in a park restaurant bough a minnie stuffed animal for Brooklyn some Mickey and Minnie stocking hats for Lindsey and I, but even then we did not go overboard.

NOTE TO DISNEYLAND TAVELERS: the buffet across the street from Disneyland some pritate themed thing should never EVER EVER be visited!

Without further ado....the pictures:



Now if you want all 500 here is the link the above is just the short I should never have to delete view of the pictures :)

Have yourself a merry little christmas,
Avery

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

hayes said...

Super props to you guys for surviving 3 days at the Land with 1 injured foot and 1 preg-belly!!! Looks like you had a great time!